Baked Stuffed Shrimp
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 12 Colossal shrimp
- 4 tbsp Butter, melted
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tsp Garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup Dry white wine
- 2 cups Plain breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 tbsp Parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp Crushed red pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line a baking tray with aluminum foil and spray with cooking oil.
- Peel and devein the shrimp, leaving the tail attached. Butterfly the shrimp by making a slit along the back side, being careful not to cut all the way through. Arrange shrimp on the prepared baking sheet, cut-side down.
- Heat the butter and oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant and just starting to color, but not browned.
- Stir in the wine and cook for 2 minutes. Then remove pan from the heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Mix in the breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, parsley, oregano, crushed red pepper, salt and black pepper and stir well to evenly combine. Allow to sit for a couple minutes until the liquid is absorbed, then stir again.
- Spoon equal portions of the breadcrumb mixture over each of the butterflied shrimp. Use your hands to gently press and mold the breadcrumbs over the shrimp.
- Bake the shrimp for 12 -15 minutes. They are cooked through when they turn pink and opaque.
- Place shrimp on a serving platter, drizzle with lemon juice and serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from MyGourmetConnection.com