- 1-1/4 cups Heavy cream
- 3 oz Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
- Kosher salt
- Ground white pepper
- 8 oz Uncooked ziti pasta
- 2 tbs Unsalted butter, cut into chunks
- Heat oven to 500°F.
- Put water to boil for ziti.
- Combine the cream, 1/4 tsp salt, all but 2 tbs of the cheese and white pepper to taste.
- Once water boils, salt it and add the ziti. Cook the pasta for 1-2 minutes less than the package advises so it is a bit undercooked. Drain well.
- Add the pasta to the cream and cheese mixture. Divide it among four individual gratin dishes (6 to 8 inches wide).
- Top with the remaining 2 tbs of cheese and dot with the butter. Bake about 10 minutes, until the pasta is bubbly and the edges are just starting to brown. Be careful not to overbake the pasta or the sauce can separate. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Recipe adapted from FineCooking.com