Baked Flounder With Parsnips And Carrots
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- 4 fillets Flounder
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 4 medium Carrots
- 4 medium Parsnips
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 6 tbsp Unsalted butter
- 2 tsp Fresh thyme leaves
- 4 sprigs Thyme
- 1 Lemon, zested
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Pat the fillets dry with paper towels, season with salt and set aside.
- Grate the carrots and parsnips into a bowl. Add olive oil and a pinch of salt and stir to evenly distribute.
- In a separate bowl, combine the butter, thyme leaves and lemon zest and set aside.
- In a baking dish, lay the grated parsnips and carrots out in four piles the size of the fillets and lay the fillets on top. Gently spread the seasoned butter evenly on each fillet and top each with a thyme sprig.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes, until the fish easily flakes and is cooked through.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from FoodRepublic.com