Baked Eggplant With Feta Cheese
- Yield: 6-8 servings
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- 2 lb Eggplant
- Olive oil, for frying
- 1 lb Ripe tomatoes, diced
- 5 tbsp Fresh basil, chopped
- 5 cloves Garlic, minced
- Dash of sea salt
- Dash of ground black pepper
- 1/2 lb Feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Wash the eggplants and remove the stems. Cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch slices.
- Pour oil into a frying pan up to 1/4 inch and heat over medium heat.
- Lightly fry the eggplant until soft and gently browned.
- Layer the eggplant in the bottom of a baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, basil, garlic and salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon the mixture over the eggplant.
- Top with the feta cheese and bake for 45 minutes.
Recipe adapted from TheSpruceEats.com