Asparagus Carbonara with Manchego
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 14 oz Penne pasta
- 1 bunch Asparagus
- 5 cloves Garlic, sliced
- 1/2 cup White wine
- 3.5 oz Manchego cheese, grated
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh Basil to garnish
- Preheat oven to 410F.
- Mix asparagus with a little olive oil and salt. Place it on a baking tray in a single layer and put in the hot oven.
- Start cooking the pasta according to package directions.
- Add the wine to a small saucepan, bring to a boil and then reduce to low heat and simmer, uncovered. Once it has reduced to about 2 tbsp of liquid, remove it from the heat.
- After the wine has been simmering for about 5 minutes, add the garlic to the asparagus and put it back in the oven until it starts to crisp.
- Whisk together the eggs and extra virgin olive oil.
- Add the hot, cooked pasta to the bowl with the egg mixture. Stir it constantly for the first couple of minutes or the egg may start to cook and harden.
- Add the wine and cheese and mix well until the cheese is melted.
- Finally, add the roasted asparagus and garlic and combine.
- Serve immediately topped with basil, ground pepper and a little more cheese.
Recipe adapted from HappyVeggieKitchen.com