Apple Upside-Down Cake
- Yield: Serves 8
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- 1/4 cup Butter, cut up
- 1/2 cup packed Light brown sugar
- 2 medium Apples, peeled and cored
- 18 oz Yellow cake mix
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp Rum extract
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Coat a 10-inch round, 2-inch deep cake pan with nonstick baking spray. Line the bottom with a round of parchment paper.
- In a medium skillet melt butter over medium heat. Add sugar; cook and stir 1 minute or until bubbling and sugar dissolves. Spread evenly on pan bottom. Set aside and let cool slightly.
- Slice apples into thin wedges. Arrange wedges, slightly overlapping each other, in a circular pattern on sugar in pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl and using an electric hand mixer, prepare cake mix according to package directions. Stir in cinnamon and extract. Pour batter into pan over apple slices.
- Bake 40 – 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove cake from oven and let cool 3 minutes.
- Carefully invert onto a serving platter. Let cool 15 minutes before slicing.
apple up side down cake
delicious!!!would you have the recipe with its proportions,not using cake package,too??greetings-tere-
Review by teresa de monti on Jul 29, 2013