- 12 Apples, sliced
- 3/4 cup Brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Butter, diced
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- 2 tsp Morton & Bassett Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Morton & Bassett Ground Cloves
- 1 tsp Morton & Bassett Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Walnuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup Maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups Rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease a rimmed baking sheet.
- Toss the apple slices with 1 tsp cinnamon, brown sugar and 1/2 cup flour. Arrange the apples evenly on the prepared baking sheet.
- Stir together the remaining 1/2 cup of flour, butter, remaining cinnamon, oats, walnuts, maple syrup, cloves, vanilla extract and salt.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the apples.
- Bake for 45 – 50 minutes, until fruit is bubbly and crust is golden brown.
- Garnish with star anise and serve warm or cooled.
Recipe adapted from MortonBassett.com