Apple Butter & Brie French Toast Bake
- Croissants, around 1 dozen
- 6 Eggs
- 1 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 tbsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Maple extract
- 2 tsp Cinnamon, or to taste
- 1/4 cup Brown sugar
- Apple butter
- 1/2 small wheel Brie
- 2 oz Cream cheese, softened
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Tear croissants into pieces and place in bottom of baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, maple extract and brown sugar. Evenly pour the mixture over the croissants, making sure each one gets covered.
- Cut your Brie into small bites and place randomly on top. Do the same with small dollops of apple butter.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Take the foil off and continue baking for 5-10 more minutes until the eggs are set and the croissants are crispy and golden. Let cool slightly.
- Mix together 1/4 cup apple butter and softened cream cheese and drizzle over the top of the French toast and dust lightly with powdered sugar.
- Serve with syrup on the side.
Recipe adapted from TheBlondeKitchencom.wordpress.com