Apple & Bacon Grilled Cheese
- Yield: 2 servings
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp Mayo
- 2 tsp Everything bagel seasoning
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tsp Honey
- 3 leaves Sage, chopped
- 6-8 slices Bacon
- 1 Fuji apple, thinly sliced
- 4 slices, Sourdough bread
- 1/2 cup Sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3-4 sprigs Thyme
- 4 tbsp Salted butter
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Place bacon on a baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown and crisp.
- Increase oven temperature to 400F.
- Mix together the mustard, mayo, everything bagel seasoning, honey, sage and a pinch of salt.
- Spread 1 tbsp of the dijon mixture to two of the sourdough slices. Add the cheeses, bacon and apple slices, then top with a sprinkle of thyme leaves.
- Place the remaining sourdough slices on top of the sandwiches and press them slightly.
- On an ovensafe pan, add a tbsp of butter under each sandwich and 1 tbsp on top of each.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Move the pan to the stove over medium high heat. Add a bit more butter and cook on both sides for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Recipe adapted from BritneyBreaksBread.com