Air-Fried Fish Po’ Boys
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 4 (4 oz) White fish fillets, about 1/2- to 1-inch thick
- 1/4 cup All-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp Ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Water
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Cornmeal
- 1/3 cup Sour cream
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Ground dried chipotle pepper
- 3 cups Shredded cabbage with carrot (coleslaw mix)
- 1/4 cup Fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 Hero rolls, split lengthwise and toasted
- 2 tbsp Queso fresco, crumbled
- 4 Lime wedges
- Coat an air fryer basket with cooking spray. Rinse fish fillets and pat dry with paper towels.
- Combine flour, black pepper, salt, and garlic powder in a shallow dish. Whisk egg and water together in a second dish. Combine bread crumbs and cornmeal in a third dish.
- Dip a fillet in the flour mixture to coat, then in the egg mixture and finally in the bread crumb mixture. Repeat with remaining fillets.
- Spray all fillets with cooking spray and place in the prepared air fryer basket in a single layer, cooking in batches if needed. Cook in the air fryer at 400 degrees F until golden brown and fish flakes easily with a fork, 6 – 10 minutes.
- While the fish cooks, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, lime juice, salt and dried chipotle pepper in a bowl. Add coleslaw mix and cilantro and toss gently to coat.
- To serve, place fish fillets in hero rolls, top with slaw and queso fresco and serve with lime wedges.
Recipe adapted from AllRecipes.com