Adams Farm Market Flat-Cut Corned Beef
- 1 Adams Farm Market Flat-Cut Corned Beef
- 12 small-medium red or yellow potatoes, scrubbed, halved or quartered
- Peeled, cut carrots (1lb bag)
- 2 onions, peeled and cut into 8 wedges
- 1 green cabbage, outer leaves removed, stem trimmed, cut into 8 wedges
– Bring a large pot of water to a boil (enough to cover the meat). Add spice packet and stir, then add meat.
– Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 2 hours.
– If adding vegetables, start with potatoes. (If not, continue cooking 1-2 hours until tender). Add more water, if necessary, to cover and bring back to a boil, then reduce heat again, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
– Add carrots, onions and cabbage and more water if needed. Cover and continue cooking until cabbage and meat are fork-tender, another 1-2 hours.
– Transfer vegetables to a bowl. Remove beef from the pot and let rest for 10 minutes. Cut across the grain and serve.