Quick Ground Beef Stroganoff
- 4 cups Egg noodles, uncooked
- 1 pound Lean ground beef
- 8 oz Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Large onion, sliced
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp All-purpose flour
- 1 ¾ cup Beef broth
- 2 tbsp Tomato paste
- 1 cup Sour cream
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground black pepper
- Set oven to Warm, or preheat to 200F.
- Boil a large pot of water and cook pasta according to package.
- Meanwhile, cook the beef, mushrooms and onions over medium heat until meat is cooked through. Add the garlic and cook for an additional minute or so. Drain the mixture and remove from pan. Place in the warm oven.
- Melt the butter in the same pan. Whisk in the flour and then slowly add the beef broth, until no lumps remain. Stir in the tomato paste.
- Bring to a boil and cook, stirring, until it thickens, about 2 minutes.
- Return the beef mixture to the pan, add the sour cream, salt and pepper and cook and until heated through.
- Place drained noodles in a bowl and spoon beef mixture over noodles to serve.
- Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Recipe adapted from CrazyForCrust.com