3 Bean Vegetarian Chili
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: 8 hours
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1 Red bell pepper, diced
- 1 Yellow bell pepper, diced
- 3 Jalapeños, diced
- 28 oz Canned diced tomatoes
- 15 oz Canned chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 15 oz Canned kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 15 oz Canned black beans, drained & rinsed
- 2 tsp Garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp Cumin
- Place the diced vegetables, tomatoes, chickpeas, kidney beans, black beans, garlic, chili powder, salt, cayenne and cumin in to a slow cooker and stir to combine well.
- Cook on low 7-8 hours or high 3-4 hours.
- Serve warm with toppings of choice like sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese and scallions.
Recipe adapted from TheSchmidtyWife.com