Apple & Sage Smash Cocktail
- 3-4 fresh sage leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sage simple syrup
- 2 oz. vodka
- club soda
- thinly sliced green apple
This recipe comes from The Cocktail Novice.
– Lightly muddle lemon juice, sage leaves and apple slices in a 6 oz. glass
– Fill the glass with crushed ice
– Add vodka
– Top with club soda
– Garnish with apple slice and sage leaf
This recipe calls for sage simple syrup. To make the syrup in advance, follow the recipe below:
Combine ½ cup sugar, ½ cup water and a small handful of fresh sage leaves in a small saucepan over medium heat. Simmer until sugar is completely dissolved. Remove from heat and steep for 1 hour. Strain syrup.