- Yield: 4-6 servings
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cooking Time: 35 minutes
- 2 tbsp Corn oil
- 1 Medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1 Jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 1/2 tbsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Ground cumin
- Ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup Canned chopped tomatoes
- 3/4 lb Ground turkey
- 1/3 cup Chicken broth
- 1/4 cup Fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- Oil, for frying
- 12 Taco shells
- Put the oil, onions, garlic, jalapeno, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper in a medium skillet and cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally until the onions are tender.
- Increase the heat to medium-high, add the tomatoes and boil to thicken, about 2 minutes.
- Add the turkey and chicken broth and simmer until the turkey is cooked through and the mixture thickens, about 12 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Serve turkey mixture with the taco shells and topping of choice. Some topping ideas include shredded lettuce, tomato, avocado, sour cream and shredded cheese.
Recipe adapted from FoodNetwork.com