Tequila Lime Steak
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 8 minutes
- 2 lbs Flank steak
- 3/4 cup Lawry's® Santa Fe Chili Marinade with Lime and Garlic, or similar
- 1/4 cup Cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp Tequila
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 Avocado, cubed
- 1/2 cup Cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup Red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp Lime peel, grated
- 2 tbsp Fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp Cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Mix together 1/2 cup of the marinade, cilantro, tequila and oregano in a bowl.
- Place steak in a ziploc bag or glass dish. Add marinade and coat well. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- While the steak marinates, make the avocado salad. Add all ingredients to a bowl and toss gently to combine well. Cover and refrigerate until ready to eat.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove steak from the marinade. Place steak on hot grill and until about 4 minutes per side or until desired doneness. Occasionally brush the steak with the remaining 1/4 cup marinade while cooking.
- Remove steak from grill and let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with the avocado salad.
Recipe adapted from McCormick.com