Strawberry Ice Cream Pie
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- ¾ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Almond extract
- 1 Egg yolk
- 1 1/4 cup All-purpose flour
- 2 cups Strawberries, sliced
- Whipped cream
- 1 container Häagen-Dazs Strawberry Ice Cream
- Caramel sauce
- Make the dough for the crust. Using a hand held mixer, beat together butter and sugar.
- Add salt, vanilla and egg yolk and mix until combined.
- Add the flour and mix well.
- Chill for at least four hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Press dough into a greased 9″ tart pan and bake 9-10 minutes until lightly browned. Set aside and cool completely.
- Soften ice cream for at least 10 minutes. Once soft, spread the ice cream over the crust and smooth the top. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from freezer, place strawberries on top of the ice cream and drizzle with caramel sauce if desired.
- Keep in the freezer until ready to serve.
Recipe adapted from HaagenDazs.us