Squid Ink Pasta with Shrimp
- Yield: 4 servings
- 8-12 oz Al Dente squid ink pasta
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Dried red pepper flakes
- 1 lb Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups Cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1 Lemon, juiced and zested
- 1/2 cup Parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup Toasted almonds or pine nuts, optional
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet. Add garlic and pepper flakes and cook until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add shrimp and tomatoes and sauté until shrimp are pink and cooked through. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Add pasta to boiling water and cook for 3 minutes. Before draining, ladle 1/2 cup cooking water into the skillet.
- Drain pasta and add to the skillet along with the lemon juice, zest and parsley.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from AlDentePasta.com