Spiced Lemon Tuna
- Yield: Serves 4
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: 8 minutes
- 4 (6-oz.) yellowfin (ahi) tuna steaks, 1-inch thick
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat a baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place tuna steaks in pan. Using a fork or skewer, pierce one side of steaks several times. In a small bowl whisk together lemon juice and oil. Drizzle on steaks; let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another small bowl combine brown sugar, chili powder, cumin, and salt to taste. Sprinkle evenly on tuna, rubbing gently to coat.
- Bake tuna 8 to 10 minutes or to desired doneness. Serve warm.
Per serving: 230 calories, 4g fat, 1g saturated fat, 66mg cholesterol, 236mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate, 0g fiber, 42g protein