Skip to content
Spiced Lemon Tuna
- Yield: Serves 4
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: 8 minutes
- 4 Yellowfin (Ahi) tuna steaks, 1-inch thick
- 2 tbsp Fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp Brown sugar
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- 1/2 tsp Ground cumin
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Coat a baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place tuna steaks in pan. Using a fork or skewer, pierce one side of steaks several times. In a small bowl whisk together lemon juice and oil. Drizzle on steaks and let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another small bowl combine brown sugar, chili powder, cumin, and salt to taste. Sprinkle evenly on tuna, rubbing gently to coat.
- Bake tuna 8-10 minutes, or to desired doneness.
- Serve warm.