Sautéed Broccoli Raab
- Yield: Serves 4
- 1 lb. broccoli raab, ends trimmed
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 large garlic cloves, peeled, flattened and cut in half lengthwise
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp. freshly grated Parmesan
- In a large pot of boiling water cook broccoli raab 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain, and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir until golden brown. Add broccoli raab; cook 2 to 3 minutes or just until heated through. Remove from heat. Add lemon juice, lemon zest, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a serving dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan, and serve.
Per serving: 73 calories, 5g fat, 1g saturated fat, 2mg cholesterol, 85mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 5g protein