Salmon Salad Crostini
- Yield: Makes 8 crostini
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 2 (6-oz.) salmon fillets
- 4 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1/2 tsp. lemon pepper
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 to 2 tbsp. chopped fresh dill
- 3 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1/2 loaf French bread or baguette, cut into 8 diagonal slices
- 1 cup arugula leaves
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Place fillets, skin-side down, in a baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Drizzle fillets with 2 tablespoons of the oil. Season with lemon pepper, and salt to taste. Bake 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove from oven; let cool. Flake fillets into small pieces.
- In a large bowl combine salmon, onion, dill, vinegar and mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper to taste; set aside.
- Place bread slices in a single layer on a baking sheet; brush both sides of bread with remaining oil. Bake 2 to 3 minutes per side or until golden. Place a few arugula leaves on each bread slice; top evenly with salmon mixture, and serve.
Per serving: 199 calories, 12g fat, 2g saturated fat, 24mg cholesterol, 168mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 10g protein