Roasted Garlic Hummus
- 1⁄4 cup cloves Garlic, peeled
- 1 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups Chickpeas
- 1/4 cup Tahini paste
- 2 tsp Lemon zest
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Curry powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- tbsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Parsley, chopped
- Add garlic and olive oil and to a pan over medium heat and slowly sauté garlic until cloves are soft and golden.
- Keep 1/4 cup of the garlic-olive oil for later use.
- In a blender, add garlic, remaining garlic-olive oil, 3 cups of chickpeas, tahini paste, lemon zest, lemon juice, paprika, curry powder, ground cumin and salt. Puree until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and garnish with chopped parsley, reserved 1/4 cup of garlic-olive oil and remaining chickpeas.
- Garnish with crumbled feta cheese, black olives or diced tomatoes if desired.
Recipe adapted from JacksQualityBeans.com