Pressure Cooker Corned Beef Dinner
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 1 hour, 50 minutes
- 4-5 lbs Corned Beef Brisket
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- 1/4 Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Onion, diced
- 7 cloves Garlic, peeled
- 1/2 tsp Dried thyme
- 3 Bay leaves
- 1 1/2 lbs Gold baby potatoes
- 1 lb Carrots, cut into chunks
- 1 head Green cabbage, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup Light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- Combine the balsamic, onion, garlic, thyme, bay leaves and seasoning packet in the pressure cooker pot. Add the brisket in, fat side down.
- Cover with the pressure cooker lid and set valve to sealing. Choose the pressure cooker setting, set timer for 75 minutes and press start.
- When cycle is complete, allow pressure to release normally for 10 minutes before opening.
- Move meat to a separate plate and keep warm. Remove the garlic cloves and bay leaves from the cooker and discard.
- Place the carrots, potatoes and cabbage in the cooker and set to sealing. Select the pressure cooker function, set timer for 3 minutes and press start. When cycle is complete, use the quick release.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze by heating the water and brown sugar in a pot over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, then mix in the mustard and continue cooking until the sauce is reduced, about 2-3 minutes.
- Once the vegetables are done, place the brisket back on top of them in the cooker and pour the glaze over top.
- Close with the crisping lid and set air crisp function to 400F and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove brisket to a cutting board and let sit for 10-15 minutes before carving.
- Slice the brisket against the grain and serve with the cooked vegetables.
Recipe adapted from WhatToMakeToEat.com