Pesto and Mozzarella Stuffed Pork Chops
- Yield: Serves 4
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 8 minutes
- 4 Boneless pork chops, 1/2-inch thick
- 1/4 cup Basil pesto, divided
- 4 oz Fresh mini mozzarella balls (about 16), halved
- 1/2 cup Flour, divided
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup Vegetable oil
- Using a paring knife, make a horizontal cut in each chop to form a pocket. Season chops with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place 1 tbsp of the pesto and 8 mozzarella halves in the pocket of each chop. Secure with a toothpick. Set aside.
- Place flour in a shallow bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste. Whisk eggs in a rimmed dish. Place panko in a shallow dish.
- Place each chop in flour, coating both sides; shake off excess. Dip chops in egg to coat, then in panko to coat evenly, pressing to adhere.
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add chops and cook 4 minutes per side or until an instant-read thermometer registers 145°F.
- Let stand 3 minutes before serving.