Parmesan Crusted Strip Roast
- 3-4 lbs Strip roast
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup Fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tbsp Shallots, minced
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Combine cheese, parsley and shallot in a food processor and process until finely ground. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the panko. Press panko mixture evenly onto all surfaces of the roast.
- Place roast, fat-side up, in a shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef, but not resting in fat. Roast for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours for medium rare or 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours for medium doneness.
- Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135°F for medium rare; 145°F for medium. Transfer roast to carving board, tent loosely with aluminum foil and let stand 10 to 15 minutes before slicing.
- Carve roast into slices and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe adapted from BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com