Pan-Seared Strip Steak
- Yield: 2 servings
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 2 New York Strip Steaks, 1 - 1 1/2-inch thick
- 2 tsps Olive oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- Cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1 clove Garlic, sliced
- 1 cup Mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp Unsalted butter
- Remove steaks from the refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature, about 30 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium high heat.
- While skillet is heating up, rub the steaks all over with the olive oil and then the salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the steaks in hot skillet and cook for 2 – 3 minutes. Flip the steaks and cook for another 2-3 minutes on that side.
- Remove cast iron skillet from heat, add sliced mushrooms, garlic and butter and immediately place in the hot oven. Roast for 4 – 7 minutes, or until desired doneness is reached.
- Remove steaks from skillet, tent with foil and allow to rest for 10 before slicing.
- Serve immediately topped with roasted mushrooms.
Recipe adapted from LifeLoveAndGoodFood.com