- 1 lb Cleaned smelts
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cup Seasoned Italian breadcrumbs
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Spray a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Wash the smelts and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place eggs and breadcrumbs into individual shallow bowls.
- Dip each smelt into the egg, then the breadcrumbs. Place them on the prepared baking sheet and press to slightly flatten them. Sprinkle with olive oil.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Recipe adapted from CDKitchen.com