Orange Loaf Cake
- 1 3/4 cups All-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups Sugar
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Orange juice
- 1/4 cup Oil
- 1/4 cup Unsalted butter, melted
- 3 Medium eggs
- 1 tbsp Orange zest
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Butter a 9 by 5-inch loaf pan, or line with parchment paper, and set aside.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add the melted butter, oil and sugar and beat until well combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time beating the mixture well after each egg.
- Add the milk and whisk, then add the orange juice, orange zest and vanilla and whisk for one minute.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and gently mix for a few seconds, careful not to overmix.
- Pour the batter in to the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 40 – 45 minutes or until its golden and a skewer inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- If you used parchment paper in the pan, pull the cake out of the pan from both sides of the parchment paper and place it over a cooling rack for 10 minutes, then remove the cake from the parchment paper and keep it on the cooling rack to cool completely.
- If you buttered the pan, remove the pan from the oven and transfer it to a cooling rack, after about 7 minutes remove the cake from the pan and place it over the cooling rack to cool completely.
Recipe adapted from Yummly.com