Mussels in Cream Sauce
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/8 cup Applewood smoked bacon, diced
- 1/2 Shallot, sliced
- 1 clove Garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 cup Russet potatoes, diced and blanched
- 1/2 cup Heavy cream
- 1 tsp Cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 lb Prince Edward Island Mussels, washed and scrubbed
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the bacon and cook for 5-7 minutes, until it’s crispy.
- Add the garlic and shallots and continue to sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Mix in the potatoes, heavy cream, cilantro and mussels. Cover the pan and let steam until mussels open, about 4-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon mussels and broth into soup bowls and serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from MagicalRecipes.com