Mexican Grilled Oysters
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 12 Oysters
- 12 tsps Unsalted butter
- Spicy seasoning of choice
- 1 cup Vinegar
- 1 Red serrano pepper
- 1 Green serrano pepper
- 1/2 Red onion
- Handful cilantro, chopped
- Salt, to taste
Prepare the dressing:
- Thinly slice the peppers, dice the onion and cilantro and add all to a bowl.
- Add the vinegar and salt to taste. Let dressing sit as long as possible for flavors to combine.
Grill the oysters:
- Preheat the grill.
- Place the closed oysters on the grill and cook about 5 minutes.
- Carefully start chucking the oysters and return to the grill.
- Add a tsp of butter and a sprinkle of spicy seasoning to each oyster.
- When the butter has melted add a couple tsp of the dressing. Cook an additional 2 minutes then remove from the heat.
- Let the oysters cool slightly before serving.
Recipe adapted from BushCooking.com