Lentil & Squash Salad
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 Zucchini, sliced into 1/2 inch circles
- 1 Summer squash, sliced into 1/2 inch circles
- 7 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Romano cheese, grated
- 1 cup Cooked lentils
- 15 1/2 oz can Garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 5 sprigs Fresh dill, chopped
- 1/4 cup Red onion, chopped
- 2 tsp Balsamic vinegar
- Salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Place zucchini and squash circles on a baking sheet and top with 2 tbsp olive oil, garlic powder and cheese. Bake until crispy and lightly browned, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Combine the lentils, garbanzo beans, dill and onion in a bowl. Then add the zucchini, squash and oil from the baking sheet.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, remaining 5 tbsp olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour dressing over the salad and toss gently to combine.
- Sprinkle with more cheese and serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from BrainHQ.com