Lemony Chicken and Greens Salad
- Yield: Serves 4
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 4 (4-oz.) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp. no-salt-added lemon–herb seasoning
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp. yellow mustard
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 8 cups mixed greens (such as kale, baby spinach, Swiss chard, and/or frisée)
- 1/2 medium red onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with seasoning, and black pepper to taste; place in baking dish. Bake 20 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer registers 165°F.
- Meanwhile, for the dressing, in a small bowl combine lemon juice, lemon zest, mustard and oil. In a large bowl combine greens and onion. Drizzle greens with dressing; toss lightly to coat.
- Place salad on 4 serving plates. Cut or shred each chicken breast into pieces and place on top of each salad. Top evenly with shaved Parmesan, and serve.
Per serving: 276 calories, 11g fat, 2g saturated fat, 72mg cholesterol, 128mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 31g protein