Irish Honey Mustard Chicken & Vegetables
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon coarse-ground mustard (sometimes called Country Dijon)
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 pound (about 8) small red potatoes, quartered
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1 onion, cut into 1-inch wedges
- Combine honey, mustard, salt, and pepper in small bowl; set aside.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook for about 4 minutes on each side until the chicken is lightly browned. Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in the same skillet. Add vegetables; cook, stirring occasionally for 6 to 8 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Place chicken breasts on top of the vegetables. Pour the honey mixture over the chicken and vegetables. Cover; reduce heat to low and cook, stirring the vegetables once, for about 10 to 12 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and chicken is thoroughly cooked.
Recipe Courtesy of GoldNPlump.com