Grilled Potatoes with Herbs
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 2lbs large Yukon Gold or Yellow-fleshed potatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped mixed herbs such as rosemary, chives, oregano, thyme or parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon wedge
1. Preheat gas grill for direct-heat cooking over medium-high heat
2. Cut potatoes into 1/2” slices and cook in a large pot of boiling water for 10 minutes (potatoes should not be cooked through) or cook in a hot grill pan for 10-12 minutes.
3. Stir together herbs, garlic, oil, salt and pepper in a large shallow dish.
4. Drain potatoes well (or remove from grill pan) and add to herb oil, tossing gently to coat.
5. Transfer potatoes to grill, letting excess oil drip into dish (reserve). Grill potatoes, covered, turning once or twice, until tender, about 5 minutes. Return potatoes to dish and toss again with herb oil. Squeeze lemon juice over potatoes. Season with salt and serve with additional lemon wedges.