Corned Beef Hash
- 1 oz (2 tablespoons) butter
- 1 lb yellow potatoes, cut into 1/2" cubes
- 1 onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups corned beef broth
- 2 lbs cooked corned beef, cut into 1/2" cubes
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Melt the butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
2. Sauté the potatoes, onions and pepper for 5 minutes.
3. Add the broth and simmer until the potatoes are tender.
4. Add the corned beef and seasonings and cook until the moisture evaporates from the pan and the mixture fries a little on the bottom.
We suggest that you actually plan for leftovers by purchasing a second piece of corned beef. Don’t forget the Rueben Sandwiches, too! Be sure to save some of the broth from cooking your Corned Beef to use in making this hearty homemade hash. Taste the broth and if it’s a bit salty you’ll want to dilute it with water and adjust the amount of salt you season with. Top the hash with a couple of fried eggs and you’ll be dancing an Irish jig all day long!