- 4 Eggs, separated
- 4.2 oz Sugar
- 0.2 oz Gelatin
- 8.8 oz Cream
- 1.8 oz Sponge cake
- 6.8 fl oz Coffee
- Butterscotch sauce
- Mix the egg yolks with half of the sugar.
- Whip the whites into peaks with the remainder of the sugar.
- Place the gelatin in cold water to soften.
- Whip the cream.
- Combine the whipped cream with egg yolk mixture.
- Melt the gelatin in the coffee and add to the mixture.
- Gently fold in the whipped egg whites.
- Pour the mixture into a loaf pan.
- Cover it with the slice of sponge cake and soak it with the remaining coffee.
- Place in the freezer for 6 hours.
- Cut the semifreddo into one inch slices.
- Cut it in half again, at a 45° angle.
- Arrange the slices on a plate and drizzle the butterscotch sauce to serve.
Recipe adapted from Lavazza.us