Beer Can Grilled Chicken
IngredientsFor the Rub
- 2 tbsp Smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Onion powder
- 1 tbsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp Ground cumin
- 2 tsp Dried thyme
- 2 tsp Dried oregano
- 2 tsp Black pepper
- 2 tsp Garlic powder
- 4 pound whole chicken, washed and dried
- Vegetable oil
- 1 (12-ounce) Can beer
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the spices for the rub. You can store the rub in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Rub the oil on to the chicken, and into its cavity.
- Season the chicken, including the cavity, with the rub mixture.
- Pour out 1/4 of the beer and sit the chicken on top of the beer can.
- Place the chicken in the center of the hot grill and cover.
- Cook for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, until a meat thermometer reads at least 165 F. Once cooked, cover loosely with foil and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe adapted from FoodNetwork.com