Australian Cheesy Crash Hot Potatoes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 1 lb Small red potatoes
- 5 tbsp Unsalted butter, cut into small chunks
- 4 oz Aged Asiago cheese, grated
- 3 tbsp Fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook the potatoes for 15 minutes, until they are fork tender. Drain and let potatoes cool enough to handle.
- Place potatoes on prepared baking sheet and mash each potato with a masher, or sturdy mug, until flat. Leave room between potatoes so they aren’t overcrowded.
- Top potatoes evenly with the butter, half the cheese and half the parsley.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until potatoes are golden brown.
- Move potatoes to a serving plate, top with remaining cheese and parsley and serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from HomeTalkOnline.com