- Yield: 4-6 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- 6-8 Bone-in chicken drumsticks or thighs
- 2 Apples, cut in wedges
- 1 Onion, cut into wedges
- 3 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup White wine or chicken broth
- 1 cup Apple cider
- Fresh thyme, chopped
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Apple jelly, optional
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Pat the chicken dry with paper towels, then season on all sides with salt and pepper, to taste. Spread the chicken evenly in a baking pan.
- Lay the apples, onions and garlic on top of the chicken.
- Pour the wine and apple cider over the pan and sprinkle with the thyme.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
- If using apply jelly, brush the chicken with a little jelly during the last 20 minutes of cooking.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from 30Seconds.com