Apple Cake for Passover
- 2-1/4 cups Matzo cake meal, divided
- 4 Large apples, peeled and sliced
- 2-1/4 cups Sugar, divided
- 2 tps Ground cinnamon
- 6 Eggs
- 1 cup Vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 tbsp Potato starch
- Whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease a 13×9-in. baking dish, dust with 1/4 cup of the matzo meal and set aside.
- Combine the apples with the cinnamon and 1/4 cup sugar, then set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs until slightly thickened.
- Gradually add remaining sugar to the eggs, beating until thick and bright yellow, then beat in the oil and water.
- Combine the potato starch and remaining matzo meal then add to the egg mixture and mix well.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared pan. Top with apples and then the remaining batter.
- Bake 40-45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Place on a wire rack to cool.
- Serve with whipped cream.
Recipe adapted from TasteOfHome.com