Providing food for your backyard birds is especially vital during the winter. Food is scarce in the winter, but birds require more food in order to maintain enough energy and fat to stay warm and survive.
A creative and fun way to feed your feathered friends is to make bird seed cookies. It’s also a great way to get kids involved in wildlife conservation.
What you’ll need:
- 1/4 cup Water
- 0.25 oz Unflavored gelatin
- Bird seed of choice
- Cookie cutters
- String or ribbon
- Stir together the gelatin and water.
- Mix in enough bird seed to make a soft putty consistency.
- Fill a cookie cutter with mixture, making a hole for the string. Set aside to harden.
- Once firm, remove from the cookie cutter and hang from trees or bushes.