- Veal cutlets
- All-purpose flour
- Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- Clarified butter or cooking oil
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Beat the eggs in a shallow bowl. Add the flour and bread crumbs to two separate plates.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of the veal cutlets.
- Bread the cutlets. Dip each cutlet in flour first, then the egg and then the breadcrumbs. Set aside on a plate.
- Turn your oven’s Warm setting on or preheat to 200 F.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Once pan is hot, add the clarified butter or oil and cook until nice and hot. You’ll know it’s ready when a sprinkle of breadcrumbs in the pan sizzles.
- Fry the cutlets in batches, leaving space between them in the pan.
- Place the cooked cutlets on a baking sheet in the warm oven while you finish cooking the rest.
- Place cutlets on a plate with lemons to serve.
Recipe adapted from EatingEuropean.com