Skip to content
Tri-Tip Beef Roast
- 2-3 lb Tri-tip roast
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tbsp Steak seasoning
- 1 tbsp Garlic powder
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Mix together the olive oil, steak seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Rub the mixture on all sides of the tri-tip roast, coating it well.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the roast to the hot pan and sear for 2-3 minutes on each side until browned.
- Transfer the tri-tip roast to a roasting pan and place it in the hot oven.
- Roast for 20-30 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 135F for medium-rare or 145F for medium.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing and serving.