Sweet and Sour Indian Chicken
- 3 lbs Chicken thighs, skinless, bone-in
- 1/3 cup Flour
- 4 tbsp Vegetable oil, divided
- 2 Onions, thinly-sliced
- 3 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Fresh ginger root, chopped
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 2 tbsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp Ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp Cracked black pepper
- 1/3 cup Red wine vinegar
- 1 3/4 cups Chicken broth
- Place flour in a shallow bowl. Coat the chicken on all sides with the flour, shake off the excess and set aside.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once hot, add the chicken and brown on both sides, then set aside.
- In the same pan, add remaining tbsp of oil, onions and garlic and cook until soft and golden brown.
- Add the sugar and spices and cook, stirring continuously, for about 1 minute.
- Add the vinegar, broth and chicken. Cover and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve chicken and sauce immediately over rice.
Recipe adapted from BrainHQ.com