Sue Adams’ Doubly Delicious Chocolate Mint Cookies
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 8-10 teaspoons of dried mint or 8-10 Tablespoons Fresh
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease cookie sheets (I like Pam). In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Add the flour, baking soda, mint and cocoa powder and mix well. Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts. Refrigerate dough at least one hour. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls about one inch apart onto prepared baking sheets. Bake cookies 12-15 minutes. Allow to cool on baking sheets, 1-2 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
I prefer to bake with dried mint and use fresh mint in drinks and for cooking. Drying the mint is easy and can be done quickly. See info on drying mint.