Sue Adams’ Doubly Delicious Chocolate Mint Cookies
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup Butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup Granulated sugar
- 1 cup Brown sugar
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 2 cups Semisweet chocolate chips
- 8-10 tsp Dried mint, or 8-10 tbsp Fresh mint
- 1 cup Chopped walnuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease cookie sheets (I like Pam).
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until smooth.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Add the flour, baking soda, mint and cocoa powder and mix well.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts. Refrigerate dough at least one hour.
- Drop by rounded tsp about one inch apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake cookies 12-15 minutes.
- Allow to cool on baking sheets, 1-2 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
I prefer to bake with dried mint and use fresh mint in drinks and for cooking. Drying the mint is easy and can be done quickly. See info on drying mint.