Slow Cooker Pot Roast
- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cooking Time: 8 hours
- 1 1/2 tbsp Olive oil, divided
- 3 lb Chuck roast
- Salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 Yellow onion, cut into thick slices
- 5 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 1/4 cups Beef broth
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp Fresh thyme, minced
- 1 tbsp Fresh rosemary, minced
- 2.5 lbs Small yukon gold potatoes
- 5 Carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tbsp Fresh parsley, chopped
- Dry roast with paper towels, then season with salt and pepper on all sides.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a pot over medium-high heat.
- Place roast in hot pot and sear until browned on all sides, about 4-5 minutes per side. Transfer roast to a slow cooker.
- Pour the remaining olive oil in to the pot and heat. Add onion and saute 2 minutes, then add garlic and saute another 30 seconds. Pour in to slow cooker.
- Return pot to the stove, add in the beef broth, Worcestershire, thyme and rosemary and cook about 15 seconds, scraping up the browned bits from the bottom of the pot. Remove pot from heat and set aside.
- Add potatoes and carrots to the slow cooker, pour in the broth and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook on low heat until roast and vegetables are tender, 8-9 hours.
- Remove roast and shred into bite-sized pieces.
- Add meat and vegetables to a serving plate, top with gravy from the slow cooker and top with parsley.
Recipe adapted from CookingClassy.com