Slow Cooker Lasagna
- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 6 hours, 15 minutes
- 1 lb Ground beef
- 1 Small onion, finely diced
- 1 tbsp Garlic, minced
- 26 oz Spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup Water
- 15 oz Ricotta cheese
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese, shredded, divided
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated, divided
- 1 Large egg
- 2 tbsp Fresh parsley, chopped
- 4-6 Lasagna noodles, uncooked
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add the meat and cook until browned and crumbled.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Drain excess grease from the skillet. Stir in the spaghetti sauce and water.
- Mix together the ricotta, 1 ½ cups mozzarella, 2 tbsp parmesan, egg, pepper and parsley.
- Spray slow cooker pot with no-stick cooking spray.
- Scoop about 1 cup of meat sauce into the slow cooker. Top with a layer of lasagna noodles, breaking up as needed to fit in the pot.
- Then add a layer of the cheese mixture.
- Continue adding layers, ending with the sauce on top.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Add the remaining mozzarella and parmesan and sprinkle with parsley.
- Replace the lid and cook another 10-15 more minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from TheCountryCook.com