Rosemary Lamb Skewer with Feta Mint Pesto
- 6 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 3 lbs. lamb kebobs, 1 – 1 1/2” thick
- 1⁄4 lb. feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 container pesto
- 1⁄4 cup mint, coarsely chopped
- freshly ground pepper
- Remove 2/3 leaves from rosemary branch. Using a sharp knife, cut a point on the branch to use as a skewer.
- Coarsely chop remaining rosemary leaves, and in a medium bowl, add them to the smashed garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Add lamb to bowl, mix well.
- Refrigerate 4 to 24 hours.
- Skewer the lamb (3-5 pieces per skewer)
- Stir mint, feta, and pesto together.
- On a hot grill, cook lamb about 3 minutes per side. Rotate skewers until evenly cooked medium rare.
- Serve skewer on a platter with a drizzle of pesto.
Recipe submitted by Erich Steffenson, Meat Manager, Adams Poughkeepsie