Roasted Butternut Squash and Goat Cheese
- Yield: 4 servings
- 2 Butternut squash
- 1 clove Garlic, crushed
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- Crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 tsp Fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 Zucchini, cut into chunks
- 4 oz Cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Red or Orange pepper 1, cut into chunks
- 2 Red onions 2 small, sliced
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 lb Cherry tomatoes
- 4 tbsp Pine nuts
- 3 1/2 oz Goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 tbsp Breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp Fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp Parmesan, grated
- handful Basil leaves, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise, scoop out the seeds and cut slashes into the cut sides. Place them into a baking sheet, cut side up.
- In a bowl, combine the garlic, 2 tbsp olive oil, red pepper flakes and thyme and then brush mixture over the squash.
- Bake until the squash is fork tender, about 30-40 minutes.
- Place the zucchini, red pepper, mushroom and onion in a baking dish. Drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Bake for 20-25 minutes until tender and starting to brown at the edges. Add the cherry tomatoes and pine nuts and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, parsley and parmesan.
- Fill the squash halves with the vegetables and goat cheese and top with breadcrumb mixture and basil. Bake for another 10 minutes, until golden and bubbly.
Recipe adapted from OliveMagazine.com