Pressure Cooker Cube Steak
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 6 tbsp Flour
- 2 1/4 cups Beef broth
- 2 lbs Cube steak, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- Canola oil
- In a ziploc bag, combine the flour and salt, pepper and cayenne. Add the meat and shake it to evenly coat the meat in the flour mixture.
- In the pressure cooker, heat up the oil and start browning the meat on both sides. Don’t crowd meat, work in batches if necessary so all sides can get browned. Remove meat to a plate covered with paper towels to drain. Save the leftover flour mixture.
- Add a splash of the broth to the pot to deglaze it.
- Add the onions and sauté until are they soft and starting to brown. Add garlic and sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the meat back into the pot and sprinkle the remaining flour mixture over top. Add the broth and stir to combine well.
- Set pressure cooker to high for 20 minutes. After it’s done, quick release the pressure.
- Stir the meat mixture and serve warm over rice or potatoes.
Recipe adapted from Yummly.com